Tuesday 5 January 2021

ERRORS MADE

 DAY THREE 30Aug 2020

Little bit done today (been out for most of the day). I mentioned previously that there seemed something wrong with the way that parts were being mounted to the chassis - well I found out what it was today. Dumbo me had fitted the left side rear suspension point in the wrong place. I should be thankful that I found it at this point and not at the end of the build, I guess. Anyway I "deconstructed it"  and corrected my error.





 After that, I carried on with the steering, front suspension and engine bulkhead, followed by the big Bentley radiator. The 40yr old decals had lost most of their ability to stick to things and they have also hardened up a bit, so instead of falling into the mesh of the radiator, it kinda stands proud. I'm not going to mess with it because I know it'll just break up and I'll be in a worse mess. The decals are also showing their age in their colour too.




I'll be honest and say that I totally cocked up the front steering ðŸ˜® because I hadn't realised which way around the front cross-member was in the instructions. The previous few images of the kit had all been upside-down, but then in the cross-member image, they decided to flip it the other way and I wasn't paying attention ðŸ™„

 

Unfortunate, but hey-ho, it is what it is. I couldn't be bothered undoing my mistake, so I accepted the fact that the steering won't be working from the steering wheel (if ever it should have). Other than that (and my chassis error), I've not done bad considering the four decades of absence from modelling ðŸ˜‚







 

Thanks for popping by.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment