Wednesday 6 January 2021

Day Two!

DAY TWO! 29 Aug 2020 

I'm winging it here. Made a few basic mistakes today but managed to recover. I'm not trying to add any fancy "effects" or "aging" to this model - I'm just trying to get back into the swing of plastic models again. 

Anyway, I seemed to work hard today but don't feel like I got a lot done. I think it's because work was interrupted by painting (I hate waiting for paint to dry). I noticed today that one of the mudguards was split. Very strange considering the kit was unopened. I managed to use a tiny strip of metal to bind it together and stop it from spreading. 





Next up was the huge fuel tank. That was very straight forward and didn't take long at all. It could also be painted as one unit, which was good. 




Then it was time to do the chassis and for some weird reason, I struggled with it! It was such a simple thing but when it came to installing the engine and gearbox, it felt like the chassis was misaligned - things weren't clicking into place as they should. Anyway, I managed to sort it out eventually.


Add caption






One thing that I WAS pleased with was the number-plate. It starts off as a silver plate and you have to add the black. It came out pretty good (after a few attempts) lol.

 

Finally, I built the wheels and rear axle (but I forgot to photograph the axle so I'll post that tomorrow). I've managed to paint all the body panels using Tamiya's acrylic British Green aerosol. Unfortunately I only bought one can and they're pretty damned small, so I had to paint smaller odds and sods with a Humbrol BRG enamel. Luckily, the two paints are a pretty perfect match, so nothing stands out.

 

More tomorrow - thanks for popping by 🙂

 

Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment